The Danish electricity system becomes more and more secure, pro-environmental and consumer-friendly.
Danish electricity consumers experience the highest level of security of supply in EU. Power is on 99.99 % of the time.
The Danish electricity system becomes more and more secure, pro-environmental and consumer-friendly. Thousand km of overhead lines are subject to undergrounding.
Many Danish electricity consumers now have smart meters with remote reading installed.
Electricity generated by wind turbines now accounts for 20 % of the total electricity generation.
The Danish Energy Association is the only body to produce detailed statistics of:
- Electricity consumption by customer type
- Customers’ change of electricity provider
- Electricity retail prices
- Distribution systems (cables, transmission lines and transformer stations)
- Faults and breakdowns on the electricity grid